TITLE: Knyght's Holiday Roundup AUTHOR: Tom Carrick DATE: 12/25/2005 03:02:00 ap. ----- BODY:
This would be Knyght's Christmas Roundup, or at least Knyght's xmas roundup, but I'm not exactly a devout Christian. Or any sort of Christian, really. Anyway, here are the games that I feel are worth mentioning from 2005, for whatever reasons I see fit (even in some sort of alphabetical order, too). Well, we have Advance Wars: Dual Strike, of course. The new Advance Wars for DS, obviously. It's not a lot different from earlier Advance Wars games, but what makes it worth mentioning is that the stylus is nice. It's now actually easy to control. The Bard's Tale. Not a remake, or anything. This dissapointed me enough to not bother buying it, but apparently it's not actually that bad. Apparently. We have Batman Begins, a crap Batman game based on a crap Batman film. Excellent. Then there's Black & White 2 from lionhead, a dissapointing sequel to a dissapointing game. Hopefully, it'll persuade Pete to stop hyping his games up so much, but we know he'll do it anyway. Civilization IV thankfully puts Civ 3 behind us, and leaves us with a nice, fairly balanced game, with even a good AI. Darwinia. Released early in the year, it's one of the few indie games that the mainstream are even thinking about accepting. It's even in proper stores. Not my cup of tea, but it is a lovely game. Fable: The Lost Chapters! At least it's on PC, and not just xbox. Another of Pete's overhyped games, but this one is at least good. I hear FEAR is good. I haven't had chance to play it though. Nintendo have finally decided to release Fire Emblem games here. Which is nice. Half-Life 2. Well. I think it sucks nuts, but a lot of people love it. So what more can I say? Just to appease the wargamers, HoI2 was released just on the turn of the year, yay woo. It's boring, though. Fahrenheit or Indigo Prophecy. heh. I prophecised that people would love it for a few hours, then would think it sucks. I was right, thankyou. Meteos, a surprisingly original puzzle game. Can't say more than that. Metroid Prime 2. Qualitay. The Movies. Yet another of Pete's overhyped games. This one's not too shabby I hear. I'm gonna put Nintendogs here, just 'cause I want to. Massively hyped, annoyingly available in three different versions, and not a bad timewaster. Serious Sam II, just as inane and dull as the first. Silent Hunter III. Best. Subsim. Ever. UFO: Aftershock appalled us less than Aftermath, giving us a fairly playably, but ultimately laughable and forgettable. X3 nearly solves the problems of X2, but doesn't quite manage it. Infinately more fun and usable, though. I've missed out a lot of stuff I'd like to mention, and left in some things that might not matter to a lot of people. But that's what you get when you let me write things.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Blogger Jim9137 EMAIL: URL: DATE: 16:08 I deem this article coffee stain worthy.

You should be proud.

- John9137 ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Anonymous Anonyymi EMAIL: URL: DATE: 19:01 You forgot the Pirates remake, damnit. It'd fit perfectly in that empty "P" spot in your alphabetical list. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Blogger Tom Carrick EMAIL: URL: DATE: 02:43 Oops, yes they were. Real close to the end, though.

Anyway, I think it's been a pretty good year for games. Not quite up to the standard of '90, '91, '94, or even '01, but, I think it went okay. ----- --------